Thursday, July 8, 2010

An Irish Adventure

I left the country the last week of June to spend a week in Ireland with Chris and his family. It was a trip his mother had been wanting to take, having previously visited the country on business. Chris too had been to Ireland when he was very young and, with his family's strong Irish heritage, it's been a place he's wanted to visit again. Having no Irish ancestry myself (my family has its roots mainly in Eastern Europe), and very minimal knowledge of the country and its history, Ireland was not a place I had imagined visiting. When invited along, however, I was ecstatic. I have relished my previous trips to Europe - England and France - and was eager to see yet another side of it. I also looked forward to the experience of traveling with Chris and his family.

Part I: Pubs & Pints

We flew into Dublin, and spent the first 3 days of our trip exploring the city. Our first stop was O'Neill's Pub on Suffolk St, where we grabbed a pint (which served as my breakfast). I really enjoy the pub atmosphere, the dim light and dark wood. It feels friendly and relaxed.


Bartender taking a break


Sitting at the bar in O'Neill's


On tap at O'Neill's - I had Paulaner, a German wheat beer.



The classic, Guinness





No comments:

Post a Comment