Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Now then, where was I? Oh right, Ireland

I'm finally trying to get back to regular postings. The last month has been a hectic blur and a number of things kept me from sitting down long enough to write a coherent post - job-searching, house-hunting, finally practicing for my drivers' license, and spending several days at the hospital in Lancaster Ohio (do not want to do that again). I'm also starting my masters program next week, so a lot is going on. Unfortunately I now have quite a backlog of photos, but I'll start where I left off - in Ireland.


Part II: The Streets of Dublin


Dublin is a small, but busy city, full of colorful storefronts and apartment buildings. Many of the roads are brick or stone and there seem to be as many bicycles as cars on the streets. The river, Liffey, bisects the city from east to west. Here are a few of the sights I got tromping around while we explored the city.


Grafton Street (shopping district)



Cobble stone street in the Temple Bar district (lots of expensive bars and clubs)


The Liffey


Trinity Street (by Trinity College)



One of the many cyclists




No comments:

Post a Comment